Thursday, August 27, 2009

Birthday Bonus

I knew when I took on the job of being a stay-at-home Mom that I wouldn't get a salary, bonuses, or a 401K...but I didn't realize that also meant very few kudos for a job well done and being responsible for absolutely everything in my families universe. I was very good at multi-tasking and organization when I was a professional but now I find it hard to remember what happened 10 minutes ago. I constantly feel frustrated, scatter-brained, and overwhelmed. I've complained about it for the last 6 years but never felt my husband truly understood. But, today he made up for all his eye rolling and "what do you want me to do" remarks. Today is my birthday, and my kids just presented me with homemade cards that say how much they love me...and my husband presented me with a Dell Mini Netbook computer, and told me how loved and appreciated I was and that the family couldn't function without me. He even said that he had no idea how I do all the things I do. Yeah, my jaw is still on the floor. I kept thinking "wow, I just got all the credit I was due and I didn't even have to yell or threaten divorce!" This one of the best birthdays ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment