Wednesday, September 2, 2009

and the worst Mom of the Year goes to...

Me! Yes, today was one of the most stressful days of my life. I forgot to pick my child up from school. Ok, pick your jaw off the floor...it was a 1/2 day and I was so involved with getting my second son to preschool that I forgot my first son got out of 1st grade at 12:10pm. The school called just as I was walking out the door and when I saw the caller ID I just wanted to vomit. That's when I realized that I had forgotten to pick Ivan up and it was already 10 minutes past the time. I apologized about a thousand times and then callled my husband who was working near the school. We both raced over to get him. Aaron got there 5 minutes before me and said that Ivan was crying saying that no one was going to pick him up. I felt so bad and so guilty! I apologized to the School and to Ivan about a thousand times. Then I took Ivan and his brothers to lunch to ""make up" for it. At lunch Ivan said, "Mom, cam you forget me tomorrow so we can go to lunch again?" I just had to laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment